- Membership runs from January 1st to December 31st annually
- Total cost of VVV and CBC membership – $60.00 + $38.00 = $98.00
- Total cost of NEW VVV membership for riders with CBC membership (includes jersey) – $168.00
- To expedite the signing-up procedure please register with Cycling BC on-line first.
Cycling BC Associated Club Membership
A Cycling BC Associate Membership is $38, and provides comprehensive liability and sports injury medical insurance for individual riders while participating in club or other CBC sanctioned events. Once you have paid your membership you will receive a VVV membership card proving you are a VVV member and CBC insured. Presentation of the card at several local bike shops will also entitle you to shop discounts. You can now purchase your Cycling BC insurance for your club registration online. This membership/insurance is valid for activities within the club you select, Vancouver Velo Vets. If you wish to participate on rides or club events with other clubs you will need to purchase a Cycling BC, Citizen’s License which costs $48 instead of an Associate membership.
Once you’ve got your Cycling BC membership:
- print your proof of insurance, license purchase confirmation e-mail from Cycling BC
- read, complete and sign the membership form and waiver form
- submit with required amount from above (cheque made out to “Vancouver Velo Vets”
- send all of it to: Mike Coney, 102-633 North Road, Coquitlam, BC. V3J 1P3 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest riders are welcome but are required to complete a waiver form and bring it to the ride you wish to participate in. If you are bringing a guest please print a waiver for them and ask the guest to fill it in and sign it. What it takes to join a Velo Vets ride:
- Signed Velo Vets waiver or signed waiver & membership form.
- Capable of riding solo at an average speed of 26 kmph. (we ride on the road on road bikes. Bring any bike you have if you simply want to try things out first, but be aware of the pace.)
- Helmet (you must have an approved helmet, no exceptions!)
- Group riding experience is helpful but not required. We will show you how. Inexperienced riders may be asked to ride at the back of the group until they, and the group, are more comfortable.
- The rides are not supported, so be prepared in the event of a flat or mechanical.
- Check the ride calendar for options, times and start locations.
- Come out for a few rides to try things out. (we are happy for you to come out as a guest three times before you need to decide whether to join the club)
- Note that you must be a club member to participate in the time trials.
- Bring along some money as most rides include a midway coffee shop stop.
Ian Barrow – Ride Coordinator